A bit of an odd title for a post, but hey..it kinda makes sense…
You see, I put my back out again, last Sunday as I was getting ready for work. Even though I was seeing a Chiropractor for about 8 months (which was great, but not very affordable in the long run) and I was more than ok for a while, it came to bite me in the back (pun intended 😉 ). So, I still went to work, in agony –
poor me whatever, blah blah.. – bought a T.E.N.S machine (I basically swapped my Garmin for the T.E.N.S 😦 )on Monday, applied copious amounts of DeepHeat coupled with hot water bottles at night and on my day off yesterday, I just couldn’t hold back any longer – I just had to BAKE!!! Some of the motivation came in the form of some overly ripe Raspberries, the rest from feeling hungry as the fridge is sparsely stocked at the moment.
Here’s the recipe, which can be altered and adapted to your own liking.. hooray! 😀
Raspberry Madeira Cake/Muffins/?
Yield : 6 large Muffins + 1x20cm round cake
- 300ml Water
- 150g Apple Puree (unsweetened Apple Sauce)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil (I used mild Olive Oil)
- 500g dry Cake Mix
- 100g Wholemeal Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Xantham Gum
- 35g Oats
- 10g Splenda (granulated)
- 15g milled Flax/Linseed
- 1 tbsp Lemon Extract
- 15g mixed, chopped Nuts
- 70g White Chocolate Chips
- 170g Raspberries
(I really went to town with the added extras..you could leave out/swap the nuts, chocolate chips, even the flax and oats, but they turned out perfect!)
- Preheat oven to 180° C/ 356° F
- Measure water, apple puree and oil into a large mixing bowl. Add the next 7 dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the lemon extract, chopped nuts and white chocolate chips and fold in the raspberries afterwards.
- Grease (e.g.) a 6 cup muffin tin, dust with plain flour and repeat with the round (20cm) cake tin.
- Fill pans with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm, served with custard, fro yo, ice cream,… 😛
Have a great Saturday and Weekend!